Christina Wahl’s practice is focused on government and internal investigations and white-collar criminal defense cases, and business disputes. She also has experience handling product liability cases.
Christina counsels companies and their officers and employees when they come under scrutiny by federal or state authorities. She regularly works with clients and witnesses to prepare them for depositions, court appearances, and meetings with government attorneys. Christina has experience in investigations involving the False Claims Act, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Medicare fraud, corporate governance, securities issues, and environmental compliance. She has argued before the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals and has won or reduced in scope various matters on pretrial motions.
Christina has earned the respect of her peers and colleagues. She was named as Best of The Bar by the Kansas City Business Journal in 2014. She has repeatedly been recognized as a Super Lawyer for Missouri and Kansas and was recognized by KC Business Magazine as a Rising Star for impacting business and the community. Christina is a former federal judicial law clerk, having clerked for then-Chief Judge Dean Whipple of the United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri.
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Speaker at ABA-sponsored White Collar Crime Continuing Legal Education seminar regarding Amendments to the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines pertaining to Economic Crimes; slide show also available on LinkedIn.
- “State v. Turner – Pivotal Law on Kansas Grand Juries, and a Guide to Preventing Grand Jury Abuse,” (LinkedIn 2016).
- “Legal Points to Remember as you Launch Your Business,” Published Aug. 28, 2014 by Think Big; also available on LinkedIn.
- “Supreme Court Issues Ruling on Bank Fraud Statute,” (LinkedIn 2016).
- “What does the bank fraud statute require? The Supreme Court will decide,” (LinkedIn 2016).
- “Western District of Missouri Orders Cease and Desist of Certain Recordings,” (LinkedIn 2016).
- “Detention Centers Ordered to Cease and Desist Recording of Attorney-Client Privileged Communications,” (LinkedIn 2016).
- “Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals Determines Organization to be a Government Entity that Conducted a Search of Email Without a Warrant,” (LinkedIn 2016).
- “Assisted Conception: Conception Made Easy … Unless There is a Change in Circumstances,” Medical Trial Technique Quarterly, 2001.