Sharon Stallbaumer is a partner with Berkowitz Oliver and has a wide range of litigation experience including complex commercial litigation, class action litigation, employment defense, product liability defense, franchise litigation and accounting-related litigation. She represents major companies and individuals nationwide, in both state and federal courts. Sharon has particular skill in legal research and in motion and brief-writing, which highlight her ability to take complex legal issues and make them both understandable and persuasive to courts and juries. In addition, Sharon regularly counsels clients on employment policies and payroll issues. Of recent note, Sharon has represented:
- A number of nationwide employers in defending employment-related claims including Title VII, FMLA, ADA, ADEA, retaliation, whistle-blower and state law discrimination claims, both in single plaintiff, multiple plaintiff, and employee class actions;
- A world-wide retailer in defending wage and hour class actions pending in multiple states;
- A number of automobile manufacturers in both franchise and commercial litigation relating to consumer protection laws;
- A national accounting firm in defending malpractice and tort claims.
In her personal time, Sharon keeps busy with her two sons’ and her daughter’s various sports-related activities, music lessons, scout meetings, school and PTA activities. Sharon also closely follows area college and professional football.
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Co-Author of the Kansas Chapter of the Product Liability Desk Reference: A Fifty-State Compendium (Daller ed., Wolters Kluwer Publishers 2004-present).
- Co-Author of the Missouri Chapter of Business Torts: A Fifty-State Guide (Daller ed., Wolters Kluwer Publishers 2007-present).