Stacey Gilman’s practice focuses on intellectual property, business litigation, professional liability, and other complex commercial matters. For more than twenty years, she has successfully represented clients in complex and high-profile disputes, including trademark, copyright, patent, trade secret, restrictive covenant, cybersquatting, advertising, unfair competition and class action matters, just to name a few. Recognized as a “Super Lawyer” by her peers, Stacey has extensive trial and arbitration experience in state, federal and international tribunals.
Whether Stacey’s client is a Fortune 500 company, a small business or an individual, Stacey personifies Berkowitz Oliver’s people-first philosophy by staying accessible and prioritizing her clients’ goals at every juncture. Her longstanding relationships with clients who routinely turn to her not only as trial counsel but also for day-to-day and pre-suit legal advice, are a testament to the care and consideration she gives every case entrusted to her.
A former newspaper editor, Stacey continues to publish work on intellectual property, the Freedom of Information Act, and notable developments in the law. She also dedicates her time to several non-profit organizations benefitting children’s causes.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in Lanham Act litigation concerning national ad campaigns by one of the client’s largest competitors.
- Represented multinational companies in ongoing strategic monitoring and litigation matters regarding trademark and advertising issues, as well as WIPO domain name arbitrations.
- Represented “Big Four” accounting firms, CPAs, tax professionals and other financial service providers in numerous disputes ranging from multimillion-dollar contract and tort claims to professional liability arbitrations.
- Represented inventors in connection with theft of intellectual property by one of the world’s largest consumer products companies.
- Represented a publicly-traded company with multibillion-dollar annual sales in class-action antitrust litigation.
- Represented a global family of insurance companies in federal and state lawsuits ranging from coverage to tort, contract and complex business actions.
- Represented internet service provider in celebrity right of publicity and trademark suit.
- Represented national broker/dealers, financial advisers and individual brokers in sales practice arbitrations, lawsuits and regulatory matters.