Laura K. Brooks Partner
Laura Brooks primarily handles premises liability defense cases, representing businesses large and small who are involved in lawsuits alleging that defective or dangerous conditions led to injuries. These cases are filed around the country and Laura takes pride in learning the ins and outs of each jurisdiction and parsing the facts to get to the crux of the matter.
Laura successfully tries cases in state and federal court as well as arbitrations. In addition to premises liability, Laura represents clients in a variety of commercial litigation matters, including professional negligence claims, unfair competition, fraud, and contract disputes.
Laura joined Berkowitz Oliver in 2009 and became a partner in 2014. Laura is married to a neuroscientist and has two young children. Most of her time outside of work is devoted to kids’ school and activities, but when she has a moment to herself, she enjoys gardening while listening to her favorite podcasts. Laura also volunteers as a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) helping abused and neglected children in the community.
- Represented a Multinational Financial Service Provider in premises liability cases around the U.S.
- Represented a number of automobile manufacturers in both franchise and commercial litigation relating to consumer protection laws.
- Represented a Multinational Financial Service Provider in consumer arbitrations.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in Lanham Act litigation concerning a national advertising campaign by a competitor.
- Represented a national consumer product manufacturer in defending product liability claims.