Morris Named Lawyer of the Year for Bet-the-Company Litigation; Five Other Attorneys Named by Best Lawyers in America
Six Berkowitz Oliver attorneys have been named to The Best Lawyers in America© for 2020.
In addition, Jeff Morris was named the Best Lawyers® 2020 Bet-the-Company Litigation “Lawyer of the Year” for Kansas City, Missouri.
The honored Berkowitz Oliver attorneys for 2020 are:
- Christina Wahl, for Criminal Defense: White Collar;
- Jeff Morris, for Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Criminal Defense: General, and Criminal Defense: White-Collar;
- Shazzie Naseem, for Commercial Litigation and Criminal Defense: White-Collar;
- David Oliver, for Commercial Litigation and Product Liability Litigation-Defendants;
- Tom Schult, for Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions-Defendants, Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants, and Product Liability Litigation-Defendants; and
- John Shaw, for Commercial Litigation, Litigation-Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy), Litigation-Securities, and Product Liability Litigation-Defendants.
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers® has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation. Almost 94,000 industry leading lawyers are eligible to vote (from around the world), and we have received over 11 million evaluations on the legal abilities of other lawyers based on their specific practice areas around the world. For the 2020 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, 8.3 million votes were analyzed, which resulted in more than 62,000 leading lawyers being included in the new edition. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”