Six Berkowitz Oliver Lawyers Named 2019 Best Lawyers in America
Six Berkowitz Oliver attorneys have been named to The Best Lawyers in America (C) for 2019.
In addition, John Shaw was named the Best Lawyers (R) 2019 Litigation-Securities Law “Lawyer of the Year” for Kansas City, Missouri.
The honored Berkowitz Oliver attorneys are:
- Jeff Morris, for Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Criminal Defense: General, and Criminal Defense: White-Collar;
- Shazzie Naseem, for Commercial Litigation and Criminal Defense: White-Collar;
- David Oliver, for Commercial Litigation and Product Liability Litigation-Defendants;
- Tom Schult, for Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions-Defendants, Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants, and Product Liability Litigation-Defendants;
- John Shaw, for Commercial Litigation, Litigation-Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy), Litigation-Securities, and Product Liability Litigation-Defendants; and
- Jim Eisenbrandt, for Commercial Litigation and Criminal Defense: White Collar.
Best Lawyers(R) was first published in 1983. Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation. 83,000 industry leading lawyers are eligible to vote (from around the world), and Best Lawyers has received almost 10 million evaluations on the legal abilities of other lawyers based on their specific practice areas around the world. For the 2018 edition, 7.4 million votes were analyzed, which resulted in more than 58,000 leading lawyers being included in the new edition. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore, Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”